Sunday, June 20, 2010

Goodbye Lawson Markets

Today was another disapointing day at Lawson.....once upon a time the money was enough to make it worth while but this year has been very disapointing and today was the last nail in the coffin of Lawson markets. I am not the only stall holder who is over Lawson either.

The time I spend on making my things and the time I spend at the markets is worth a lot more than what is comming back. I also am over hearing how wonderful my things are yet no one spends the money. even when I marked down a whole lot of product for today.

Anyway I do know my things I do are appreciated just not in the type of market Lawson is....I shall stick to doing my other ones that you can see on the right hand side there.

It was not an entire loss being there today i met someone who really appreciated my work and look forward to working with them soon........more about that another time!

2 comments:

  1. It can be so disheartening when you have a market like that. I think most are a bit quiet at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what sucks so much, I have pretty much stopped going to markets where I live because they don't have the kinds of stalls with stuff that I'd buy. The poor people who do make those things give up and leave because the people who like their things can't stand to waist their time at markets that may have one or two stalls out of 100s that they like.

    I wish I could find away of uniting these two parties :(

    ReplyDelete